If you guys have not already heard of the Bulletproof diet, or Bulletproof coffee, it’s time to start living under a rock! This isn’t Spongebob, you’re not Patrick, and it’s not okay to be unaware of these awesome nutritional developments.
But enough of all the formalities, the reason for this post is to fill you in on this revolutionary coffee. The name bulletproof fits it well, and I think Superman would approve.
Possibly Clark Kent, I’m sure he has to pretend to drink coffee on his way into work or something. This is also what Brandon Routh drinks to start his day every morning. He’s formerly Superman, and now the Atom on The Arrow. How cool is that, this guys gets to be 2 different amazing Superheroes….Moving on… Here’s how you make it!
Bulletproof Coffee Recipe:
- Brew awesome coffee (ground up Bulletproof Coffee is preferred, but it can also be awesome “normal” coffee) [Bulletproof® Ground Coffee 12oz]
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil (again, Bulletproofs “Brain Octane Oil” is preferred, but Coconut oil does the job) [Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil 32 oz]
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of Grass-Fed Unsalted Butter (this one’s mandatory, grass-fed, unsalted!!! – also should be double the amount of coconut oil)
- I add two tablespoons of both the butter and coconut oil and generally drink around 12-16 oz of coffee.
- Blend together for 20-30 seconds until frothy (should look like a nice latte)
You need to do yourself a favor and give this a shot. If you’re not going to buy the upgraded coffee and brain octane, make sure you get the grass-fed unsalted butter at the very least. This coffee gives your body a kick like you could never imagine. Adding this to the Paleo Diet (or Bulletproof) delivers you with an amazing amount of healthy fats to start your day.
*If you need to, and only if you need to, you can add some heavy cream or cinnamon for flavor.*
So now you’re probably thinking to yourself “Okay, so what…I’m not going to just drink some fat filled coffee because Brandon Routh and Superman approve…”. And hey, maybe you’re right for thinking that, but that’s why you should go find out more about Intermittent Fasting and how Bulletproof Coffee can fit in. Remember, fat is not the enemy! Fat will actually turn your body into a fat burning machine! Ironic, ey’?
Check this out for more details: Intermittent Fasting: Paleo, Bulletproof and Hugh Jackmans Wolverine!
Side note: I even add a 1 scoop of coconut oil in my decaf tea before I go to bed to help my fat burn even while I’m asleep!