For the Rice:
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
For the Chicken
- 4 small-medium boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs about 4 oz each
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 cups broccoli florets
- water for steaming
- To Cook the Rice: Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan. this Stir in the rice; cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes until all of the water is absorbed.
- To Cook the chicken: Rub the chicken with paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Heat 1-2 tablespoons oil in a large heavy-duty pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to pan and cook for 5-6 minutes on the first side without moving, until the undersides develop dark grill marks. Flip the chicken breasts using a pair of tongs or a fork and cook the other side for 5-6 minutes. Turn off heat and allow chicken breasts to rest in pan for at least 5 minutes before cutting.
- To steam in the microwave: (Because we're all about efficiency) Place broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl and add water 3 tablespoons water to the bowl. Cover with a ceramic plate or plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- To Prepare your Dish: Cut the chicken into slices or small bite-size pieces. Use a 1 cup measuring cup to evenly spoon 1 cup of rice into each meal-prep container (4 total) Top the rice with slices chicken and broccoli florets. Cover and refrigerate.
Serving Size: 4 ounces of chicken
Calories: 160 Calories
Serving Size: 1 cup of cooked rice
Calories: 200 Calories
Serving Size: Half a cup
Calories: 60 calories
Looking to step it up a notch?
Join The Superhero Academy and start unleashing your inner Superhuman.