- 2 cups organic mushrooms about 6-8 small, sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups kale stems removed, chopped
- 4 eggs free-range
- 2 tsp organic milk or water
- 1 cup organic cottage cheese dry curds
- 1/8 tsp salt or to taste
- ground pepper optional
- Add your garlic and mushrooms to your pan at medium heat with zero calorie butter flavored PAM. Add "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" Zero Calorie Spray (Optional) For lightly browned mushrooms that don't go soggy and lose all their juices, ensure the mushrooms aren't touching each other while cooking and they remain in a single layer in the pan.
- Turn the mushrooms frequently until cooked through, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add the washed and chopped kale and let cook for about 30 seconds or until slightly wilted. Season with salt and pepper and remove from the vegetables from the frying pan and set aside.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl, add milk or water, salt and pepper and fresh herbs if using. Whisk well so the egg yolks and whites are well incorporated.
- Repeat your medium heat process with butter flavored PAM and if you want ICBINB Spray. Pour in half of the egg mixture. While the eggs are cooking, gently use your spatula to move the cooked egg in from the edges of the pan to the center. Tilt and rotate the pan to make sure that any uncooked egg fills in any empty spaces.
- Your omelette is almost finished when the surface of the egg looks moist but does not jiggle when the pan is shaken. It's time to add your filling!
- Add half of the dry cottage cheese curds onto half of the omelette. You want them to heat slightly while the omelette finishes cooking. Then, add half of the kale and mushroom mixture onto the cottage cheese. Fold half the omelette over the covered half and let the bottom half brown slightly. Gently slide onto a plate while you prepare the second omelette.
- Now repeat with the remaining ingredients. If there is too much of the kale and mushroom mixture to fit into the second omelette just serve it on the side.
Serving Size: 1 Omelette
Calories: 360 Calories
Looking to step it up a notch?
Join The Superhero Academy and start unleashing your inner Superhuman.