Blueberry Cake Donut:
- 3/4 cup (84g) almond flour
- 2 scoops (62g) PEScience Gourmet Vanilla protein powder
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar substitute
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup (227g) vanilla fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (120g) fresh blueberries (if frozen, start by microwaving for 30-60 seconds)
- 1/4-1/2 cup (36-72g) Powdered Sugar Substitute
- 1-2 tbsp water
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and place a silicone donut mold on a baking sheet or spray a 6-donut tin with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Add the yogurt and eggs to a large bowl and stir until evenly mixed. (For optimal results, whisk the eggs together in a separate bowl before adding so you don't over mix your batter).
4. Toss in the blueberries.
5. Transfer the batter to the donut mold, filling each nearly all the way full.
6. Bake for 20-24 minutes or until the donuts are cooked through.
Adding the Glaze:
1. Remove the mold from the oven and allow the donuts to briefly cool before removing and transferring to a wire rack too cool further.
2. For your glaze, mix the sugar substitute and water in a shallow bowl and dip the cooled donuts face down. If you'd like less glaze or drizzle, use the lower end of the measurements and spoon it on top by hand.
Serving Size: 1 Donut
Calories: 180 Calories
Looking to step it up a notch?
Join The Superhero Academy and start unleashing your inner Superhuman.