The Ahi Tuna Burgers
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 egg - lightly beaten
- 1 lb sushi-grade tuna, finely diced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper - diced
- 2 scallions - finely sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil - for cooking
- 4 seeded hamburger buns - split
- 4 medium butter lettuce leaves
- 1 beefsteak or heirloom tomato - sliced
The Spicy Sriracha Mayo
½ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup sour cream
¾ tbsp Sriracha
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp honey
4 grilled scallions - chopped
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Finely dice 1lb sushi-grade tuna
- Dice ¼ cup red bell pepper
- Finely slice 2 scallions
- Mix sesame oil, soy sauce, red pepper flakes and egg in a mixing bowl.
- Add tuna, red pepper and scallions. Fold in until well incorporated.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper then fold in panko to lightly bind everything.
- Form four (4) even patties. Set on a platter and refrigerate until set (this is a perfect time to make your spicy sriracha mayo!)
- Start by putting four (4) scallions on a hot grill or cast iron and cooking until both sides have grill marks and are somewhat soft.
- Chop the scallions and add them to a clean mixing bowl with mayo, sour cream, sriracha, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix until well incorporated. Set in fridge while toasting buns!
- On the same grill-top / cast iron, toast your buns! (I use spray butter to cut down on unnecessary calories)
- Once toasted, add sauces, lettuce and tomato as you like and set aside while we cook the patties.
- With the cooking surface already very hot (high) add your patties and cook for 2.5-3mins on each side!
- Add to your buns and they’re ready to serve!
Serving Size: 1 Full Pizza
Calories: 809 Calories
Looking to step it up a notch?
Join The Superhero Academy and start unleashing your inner Superhuman.