- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 3 Ounces Pork Belly (cooked)
- 4 Ounces Shiitake Mushrooms (stemmed and sliced)
- To taste Coarse Salt
- 1 Small Onion (chopped)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Ginger, finely grated
- 2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 6 Cups Chicken Bone Broth
- 3 Tablespoons White Miso
- 8 Ounces Trident Seafoods® Protein Noodles 2 lb
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Each Scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Green Cabbage (shredded)
- Garnish Shichimi Togarashi (7 Spice Blend)
**This recipe is courtesy of Trident Seafoods and their Protein Noodles.**
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add pork belly and cook until browned on both sides (about 10-12 minutes). Remove to a plate.
- Add mushrooms to the saucepan. Cook until softened and starting to brown (about 4 minutes). Add onion, ginger and garlic. Cook until onion has softened (about 3 minutes).
- Whisk together white miso and 3 tablespoons of broth.
- Add remainder of broth and miso mixture to saucepan (scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pot). Bring to a simmer.
- At the same time, bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add eggs and cook 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl filled with ice water to chill the eggs. Peel, halve and set aside.
- Add Protein Noodles to the broth mixture and simmer until warmed through.
- Divide broth and noodles between two bowls. Top with pork belly, eggs, scallions and cabbage. Serve with shichimi togarashi.
Yield: 2 Servings
Serving Size: 1 Serving
Calories: 680 Calories
Looking to step it up a notch?
Join The Superhero Academy and start unleashing your inner Superhuman.