- 1 cup finely chopped white onion (1 small onion should do)
- 1 medium jalapeño (ribs and seeds removed) finely chopped (you can choose to cut this out or add a smaller amount if you're not big on heat)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt, more to taste
- 1 ½ pounds ripe red tomatoes (about 8 small or 4 large), chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (about 1 bunch)
- Grab your serving bowl (medium size will do) and combine your chopped onion, jalapeño, lime juice and salt.
- Let it marinate for about 5 minutes while you chop the tomatoes and cilantro.
- Add your chopped tomatoes and cilantro to the bowl and stir to combine them. Taste, and add more salt if needed.
- Let the mixture marinate for 15 minutes or several hours in the refrigerator (not necessary, but this will make it the best it can be!).
Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Looking to step it up a notch?
Join The Superhero Academy and start unleashing your inner Superhuman.