- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 6 tablespoons marinara sauce
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 hamburger buns of your choice (not included in calories)
- Mix the turkey, 2 tablespoons marinara sauce, garlic, cheese, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes together in a large bowl.
- Build and form into your four beautiful patties.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat and add your patties.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, then flip and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes until cooked to roughly 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- During the last minute or so of cooking, add 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese to the top of each burger and cover the skillet to melt your cheese.
- When you're ready to serve grab your buns of choice (don't forget to track those calories), place the patties on your toasted buns, top the patty with 1 tablespoon of your marinara sauce, and enjoy!
Yield: 4 Burgers
Serving Size: 1 Burger
Calories: 404 Calories
Looking to step it up a notch?
Join The Superhero Academy and start unleashing your inner Superhuman.