- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 lbs. ground turkey 93% lean
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt divided use
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 15 ounce cans kidney beans drained and rinsed
- Heat your olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Add your turkey and season it with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Cook your turkey by breaking it up with a spoon until it's browned and cooked.
- Add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Place the turkey into the slow cooker along with your tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, cocoa powder, sugar and final 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Stir to combine, then cook on LOW setting for 6 hours.
- Add the beans and cook for an additional 20 minutes until beans are warmed through.
Yield: 6 Servings
Serving Size: 1 Serving
Calories: 204 Calories
Looking to step it up a notch?
Join The Superhero Academy and start unleashing your inner Superhuman.