Last updated on October 15th, 2021 at 02:01 pm
We promised you more fighters and athletes moving into 2021, and we’re coming in hot.
I can’t think of a better way to move into fighters than Deontay Wilder’s Workout!
For these new workout routine areas we’re actually going to be focusing in on either the workout routine or the diet plan, where-as the majority of our Workout Database (for YEARS) revolved around combining both into one singular article for our celebrities.
That being said, we will be taking a look at Deontay Wilder’s diet and nutrition as well, but we’ll save that for another day.
In an interview with Men’s Journal Wilder shares a full four day workout routine, and before doing so tells them:
“I’m just very different from the average fighter and so I train differently than the average fighter,” Wilder tells Men’s Journal. “That’s why I’m able to do a lot of things. When you look at me, I’m big, but I’m agile and mobile, so it makes me flexible in the ring and able to move around. When you have the flexibility to move around the ring like I can, you don’t get as tired. I work on the basics a lot, and I do a lot of sparring as part of my camps. I also like to use swimming and water workouts as part of my training.”
Wilder is also quoted stating:
“To a huge degree, you’re born with (power)…you can improve power about 10% through conditioning and technique, so you can take a guy who’s a nothing puncher and make him at least respectable, and you can take a guy who’s a pretty good thumper, and make him a 10% better thumper. But the best I’ve ever seen anybody improve is about 10%.”
BUT lucky for us, Wilder literally shared all four days of training…word for word…
So no research on tons of different sources to put this one together like we sometimes have had to do in the past.
This one is right from the lips of The Bronze Bomber, long time running heavyweight champion!
You think you can handle it?
Deontay Wilder Workout Routine
4 Days per Week
Wilder shared 4 days of training per week, but you would imagine (especially from his own words and other sources) that he puts in A LOT of outside training, especially considering this is not including any of his boxing work.
Upgrade This Workout:
The Superhero Academy now comes with an Upgrade Your Workout Tool that allows Academy members to turn any SHJ workout into a 4-8 week fully planned regime detailing exact weights to lift and including reverse & tradition pyramid training, straight sets, super sets, progressive overload and more.
Deontay Wilder Workout Routine: Sample Workout Schedule
Monday: Agility and Abs
Tuesday: Pool Intervals
Wednesday: Rest Day
Thursday: Hops and Weights
Friday: Plyometrics and Weights
Saturday: Active Rest and Boxing Work
Sunday: Rest Day or Optional Training
Deontay Wilder’s 4-Day Workout Routine:
Instructions: Before each workout day, Wilder does a dynamic warmup consisting of stretching and movement drills.
Deontay Wilder Workout Routine: Monday Agility and Abs
Cone Agility Drills: Set up two cones three feet apart and move laterally around the cones in a circle. “Focus on lateral movement and stability while changing directions,” says Scott. Perform 2 sets x 3 reps (one revolution around the cones is 1 rep).
Form Run Drills: “On the first set, do foot over ankle movement; for the second set, do foot to shin; and on the third set, do foot over knee,” Scott says. “You can use the same cones as the previous drill for distance.” Perform 3 sets x 4 reps, taking 1 minute rest between each rep and 4 minutes rest between sets.
Cool Down/Abs Finisher: Complete situps, crunches, Russian twists, woodchops, reverse crunches, and any other core moves you like. Perform 200 total reps.
Deontay Wilder Workout Routine: Tuesday Pool Intervals
- Left Leg Bounds: 1 set x 4 laps (1 lap = once across the pool)
- Right Leg Bounds: 1 set x 4 laps
- Double Leg Bounds: 1 set x 4 laps (alternate bounds between left and right)
- Split Jumps: 1 set x 4 laps
- Squat Turns: 1 set x 4 laps
- Wall Leg Kicks: 6 sets x 3 minutes
- Cool Down: 6-lap swim
Deontay Wilder Workout Routine (REST DAY): Wednesday
Active Recovery Day: Body maintenance, massage, and rehab work.
Deontay Wilder Workout Routine: Thursday Hops and Weights
Rudiment Hops: Set up cones at a comfortable length apart to use for each set.
- Single Leg Hops: 2 sets x 2 reps (each rep should be back and forth)
- Double Leg Hops: 2 sets x 2 reps
- Forward Hops: 2 sets x 2 reps
- Sideways Hops: 2 sets x 2 reps
Cone Agility Drills (same from Monday workout): 2 sets x 3 reps around the cones
- Deep Back Squats: 4 sets x 8 reps
- Dumbbell Reverse Lunges (45 lbs): 4 sets x 10 reps
- Deadlifts (225 lbs): 4 sets x 8 reps
- Leg Extensions: 4 sets x 12 reps
- Dumbbell Single-Leg Calf Raises (45 lbs): 4 sets x 10 reps
- Single-Leg Leg Press: 4 sets x 10 reps each side
- Single-Leg Hip Extensions: 4 sets x 10 reps
Deontay Wilder Workout Routine: Friday Plyometrics and Weights
Sand Pit Plyometric Moves: Wilder does these on sand, but you can do these on a mat/in the gym as well. Perform 4 sets x 30-sec. rep for each exercise. Rest 1:30 between rounds.
- Squat Jumps
- Single-Leg Knee Tuck Hops (30 sec. per side)
- Squat Jumps
- Jumping Lunge (30 sec. per side; don’t switch each rep)
- Pause Squats
- Leg Hops (30 sec. per side)
- High Knees
- Clean Pulls: 4 sets x 8 reps
- Lunge Position Dumbbell Shoulder Press (35 lbs): 4 sets x 8 reps
- Dumbbell One-Arm Row (50 lbs): 3 sets x 8 reps
- Dumbbell Bent Over Row (15 lbs): 3 sets x 8 reps
- Dumbbell Incline Press (50 lbs): 4 sets x 8 reps
- Dumbbell Arm Curls (30 lbs): 4 sets x 8 reps per side
- Dumbbell Front Lateral Raises (15 lbs): 3 sets x 8 reps
Join The Superhero Academy and start unleashing your inner SuperHuman.
Source: Men’s Journal