- 2 strips center-cut bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 4 egg whites, whisked until slightly frothy
- 1 low-fat tortilla
- 1 ounce (about 1/2 cup) reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Place a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, and add in your bacon bacon.
- Cook it for 5–7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the bacon is crisp.
- Add the onions, and cook until just heated. Remove the mixture from the pan, and cover it to keep it warm.
- Drain any grease and return your skillet to the stove, and coat with more cooking spray if needed. Add the eggs and cook, stirring often, until firm. Stir in the bacon mixture.
- Place a nonstick skillet that’s larger than the tortilla over medium-high heat. Add the tortilla to the pan. Sprinkle half of the cheese over half of the tortilla. Then, sprinkle the egg mixture over that.
- Sprinkle on your remaining cheese. Fold the bare half over the filled half. Cook it for about 2 minutes, until the cheese is beginning to melt and it is lightly browned in spots.
- Carefully flip the quesadilla, and cook it another 2 minutes, until the cheese is completely melted.
Serving Size: 1 Quesadilla
Calories: 294 Calories
Looking to step it up a notch?
Join The Superhero Academy and start unleashing your inner Superhuman.