THE BROWNIE GLAZE
FOR THE BROWNIES:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 13-by-9-inch baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment or foil, leaving some overhang. Spray again with cooking spray.
- Melt the chocolate chips and butter together in a large bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. When melted, stir until smooth. Remove the bowl from the saucepan and whisk in the brown sugar and granulated sugar. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract and almond extract. Stir in the flour, cinnamon and salt until just combined. Fold in the almonds.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Bake until the brownies are just set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool completely on a rack.
FOR THE GLAZE:
- Bring the rice milk to a boil in a small skillet. Boil until reduced to about 2 tablespoons, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the cinnamon and rum until smooth. Let cool completely. Transfer to a medium bowl and whisk in the confectioners' sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, to make a smooth, spreadable glaze.
- Spread the glaze over the cooled brownies and set aside until hardened, about 30 minutes. Cut the brownies into 16 squares.
Looking to step it up a notch?
Join The Superhero Academy and start unleashing your inner Superhuman.