Last updated on February 22nd, 2021 at 11:06 am
Speaking of a legend, it’s a surprise that Will Smith is just finally making his way to SHJ…
And, I hope you all see the connection to legend other than the fact that the man is a legend…
Whether it’s Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Men in Black, I Am Legend, I Robot, or even the film where he gets to be a badass superhero named Hancock: Will Smith graces the screen with pure badassery.
But, let’s not take away his most recent plunge into DC Comics with his role as Deadshot, either.
I was stoked when he got the role, and while others didn’t find it as amazing as we could have hoped, I was still pleased seeing Margot Robbie, Jared Leto and other tear up the screen with Smith by their side.
Will Smith Stats:
Weight: (approximate) 181 lbs
Will Smith falls in right around the average height range we’ve seen among male celebrities.
Although, I’m sure it’s not often “Will Smith” and “average” get used in the same sentence.
So, while he’s not quite there with Wesley Snipes and Brad Pitt with our studs over 50, he is right there with guys like Hugh Jackman, Daniel Craig, Jason Statham, Terry Crews, and Josh Brolin (as well as others) that are right there pushing close.
He stands quite tall around the Chris Evans, Chris Pratt range, but still shorter than Batista, Dwayne Johnson, Ben Affleck and Jason Momoa. He definitely stands taller than others like Mark Wahlberg, Zac Efron, Kit Harington and Tom Holland, though – and even stands just above guys around the range of Stephen Amell and Matt Damon.
Take The SHJ Program Quiz and find the perfect program for YOU.
Will Smith Diet and Nutrition
Being that Smith has been through a ton of different physiques, I want to mainly focus on his most recent transformation for Suicide Squat.
It helps that it’s also the most relevant…
In an interview with Mens Journal we find:
Ferguson didn’t babysit Smith when it came to diet. “He knows what he’s doing,” he says. “He was usually taking in about 3,500 calories, and as long as he hit that goal, I didn’t care how many meals he took to get it. Usually we were doing about five.” During sessions they would occasionally take a spoonful or two of protein powder from Optimum Nutrition. Smith’s go-to dinner was a grilled chicken breast, with sweet potato and broccoli. He didn’t even touch a carb on Christmas. “It was terrible,” Smith says.
Optimum nutrition is my protein of choice as well.
So, as we can see, Smith followed a structured caloric intake per day (much like our Nightwing Path in The Academy), and also stayed low on carb in an almost paleo-ish style (much like our Hunter Gatherer Nutrition Class in The Academy).
But, you can also check out our Nutrition Pillars to customize your own similar formula if you’d like as well.
And it’s okay if you’d like to have some carbs on Christmas.
Remember: sustainability is key.
We see a lot of celebs opt for a sustainable approach like this.
That’s why our Academy Nutrition Classes (Monks, Minimalists, SuperHumans, Vikings, Spartans, Hunter Gatherers, Greek Gods, Samurais) revolve around helping you find the specific diet that is right FOR YOU.
Of course, there are a lot of reasons to HAVE the strict guidelines.
We’ve seen a lot of celebs opt for specific restrictions.
For example: Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart incorporate 80/20 dieting with big weekly cheat meals, Hugh Jackman, Benedict Cumberbatch and Terry Crews utilize intermittent fasting(something I use daily as well), Mustafa Shakir and Madelaine Petsch are vegans, Brandon Routh and Frank Grillo opt for paleo, and tons of others utilize their own variations as well.
And, that’s just to name a few celebs from each, by the way.
You can check out our Nutrition Pillars for more information and articles on all of the above and more.
Take The Free Workout Placement Quiz and find the best free workout for you.
Will Smith Workout Routine Research
Luckily for us, his interview also detailed the full routine that he used.
Yes, that’s right: this is his exact routine that he gives us!
That being said, it’s always nice to still see what Smith has to say about it beforehand.
Here’s some of the interview:
“I knew from the very beginning that this was going to be a big movie for me,” says Smith. The training regimen that followed was so intense that during a cast sparring session early in production he tore a leg muscle. “It was really scary to be in that position,” he says. “When you’re 47 years old, no injury is a mild injury anymore. I was stepping back to throw a blow, and my calf popped. Everyone heard it. The doctor there told me that I was going to be down for six weeks, but I couldn’t allow that.”
That definitely tells us that this routine is no joke. He was training hard.
Check out all The SHJ Programs and start unleashing your inner SuperHuman.
Will Smith Workout Routine
Ay, this one’s on Will Smith and his trainer. This is coming right from their mouths!
Want To Upgrade This Workout?
The Superhero Academy now comes with an Upgrade Your Workout Tool that allows Academy members to turn any SHJ workout into a 4-8 week fully planned regime detailing exact weights to lift and including reverse & tradition pyramid training, straight sets, super sets, progressive overload and more.
- Push-Ups: 3 sets of 20 reps
- Barbell Bench Press: 5 sets of 5 reps
- Incline Barbell Bench Press: 5 sets of 5 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Bench Press: 5 sets of 5 reps
- Upright Cable Flys: 3 sets of 10 reps (high to low)
- Lying Dumbbell Punch: 2 sets to Failure
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press (Seated): Standing 2 sets of 20 reps
- Barbell Shoulder Press (Barbell): 4 sets of 6 reps
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press (Seated): 4 sets of 6 reps
- Behind-the-Neck Barbell Press: Standing 4 sets of 8 reps
- Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Dumbbell Front Raises: Plate Front Raise 3 sets of 10-12 reps
- Dumbbell Air Punch: 4 sets to Failure
- Chin-Ups (Front, Wide-Grip): 50 reps
- Dumbbell Bent Over Row (One-Arm): 4 sets of 6 reps
- Barbell Bent Over Row: 2 sets of 6 reps
- Barbell Bent Over Row: Reverse Grip 2 sets of 6 reps
- Pulldowns (Front, Wide-Grip): 4 sets of 6-8 reps
- Chin-Ups (Front, Wide-Grip): 3 sets of 10 reps
- Cable Pushdowns (Heavy): 4 sets of 8 reps
- Barbell Arm Curls: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Barbell Triceps Extensions: Incline Bench Skullcrusher 4 sets of 8 reps
- Dumbbell Arm Curls (Incline): Alternating 4 sets of 8 reps
- Dumbell Triceps Kickbacks: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 4 sets of 8 reps
- Hip Abductions (Machine, Seated): Seated or Cable 20 reps
- Front Squats: 5 sets of 5 reps
- Full Squats: 5 sets of 5 reps
- Dumbbell Lunges: 3 sets of 8 reps
- Leg Press: Single Leg 4 sets of 8 reps
- Box Jump: 4 sets of 30 seconds
Join The Superhero Academy and start unleashing your inner SuperHuman.
SUPERHUMAN SECRETS V.2
NOW UPDATED AND EXPANDED WITH A NEW SECTION & SEVEN BONUSES