Last updated on March 18th, 2021 at 09:08 am
We couldn’t have Mr. Incredible without Elastigirl.
What’s the Mr. without the Mrs. when it comes to The Incredibles team?
It’s kind of the reason I mentioned that I will definitely be eventually getting to the Violet and Dash routines.
But, I might take a week or so break between them so we don’t have a superhero overload between the character workouts and the Disney Inspired workouts.
For the start of these articles I would like to say this: I linked to the guidelines above, but in no way is this workout and diet plan that of Elsa’s. This is simply a plan inspired by her character and I will be citing all the information I can in order to show where the inspiration is coming from.
Elastigirl Possible Stats:
**We’ll be using height ranges that Disney looks for when getting actors for these roles.**
Height Range: 5’8
Movie: The Incredibles
Elastigirl is actually pretty tall.
She’s not the tallest we’ve seen – but she falls into a taller range of women.
Normally the average height we see for women is around 5’4-5’6 with ladies such as Jennifer Aniston, Margot Robbie, Olivia Munn, Alicia Vikander, Sophia Bush, Tatiana Maslany, Evangeline Lilly, and a ton of others.
But then there is also that taller range, and among the tallest (even taller than the 5’7-5’8), are ladies like Gwendoline Christie, Gal Gadot, and a few others – with Phoebe Tonkin, Gabrielle Union, Brie Larson, Nina Dobrev, Daisy Ridley, and so many more coming in around that 5’7-5’8 range.
But, either way, don’t worry.
I write these routines for anyone and everyone.
Unlock Over 1,000 Celeb & Character Workouts + Get New Routines Every Week
Join The Superhero Academy
Take The SHJ Program Quiz and find the perfect program for YOU.
Elastigirl Inspired Diet and Nutrition
**Keep in mind: this section will be nearly identical for each character, but I will add in something special for the Disney Inspired Characters if possible**
Every hero (or villain) needs to still have a good diet.
Unfortunately we can train like them, but I don’t think any of us are suddenly getting their powers, or the ability to magically stop caring about nutrition.
You can’t out train your diet, so I want to still give some pillars for nutrition.
You can start by checking out The Nutrition Pillars on the site, but I’ll break down some more information for you guys as well.
Guys like Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart incorporate 80/20 dieting with big weekly cheat meals, Hugh Jackman, Tom Hopper, Benedict Cumberbatch and Terry Crews utilize intermittent fasting (something I use daily as well), Ariana Grande, Mustafa Shakir and Madelaine Petsch are vegans, Brandon Routh and Frank Grillo opt for paleo, and tons of others utilize their own variations as well.
It’s all about sustainability.
AND, there are a thousand different ways to reach your goals, so finding the most sustainable way is what’s important.
Which is why our Academy utilizes multiple different Nutrition Classes (Greek Gods, Vikings, Spartans, Hunter Gatherers, Monks, Samurais, Minimalists, SuperHumans) to allow people to choose what is right for YOU!
THE ELASTIGIRL SECTION:
Thankfully we actually already went over all of The Incredible styled food we see in the movies.
I guess that’s the perk of having already had Elastigirl’s husband on the site!
Here’s the list of the food we see in Incredibles one and two:
- Mashed Potatoes
- Mac and Cheese
- Mushy peas
- Fruit bowl
- Chocolate cake
Now the difference is definitely the approach you’re going to be taking to these foods when eating like Elastigirl instead of Mr. Incredible.
Instead of purposely piling on the extra calories you’re going to want to cut them down to stay nimble and lean like Helen.
So maybe choose the fruit, steak, and salad instead of the cake!
Now for some workout research.
Use The SHJ 4-Tier Nutrition System, Nutrition Course, 100+ Recipes, Sample Meal Plans, Fast Food Meal Index, Low Calorie Snack Index and more!
Join The Superhero Academy
Take The Free Workout Placement Quiz and find the best free workout for you.
Elastigirl Inspired Workout Routine Research
We’ve made it to “the fun part”.
This is the part when I get to tell you about the “how” and “why” of the workout we’re about to build.
So let’s start by grabbing some information from Elastigirl Wiki Fandom page.
Here’s what they list for Helen’s powers and abilities:
- hand-to hand combat,
- density alteration
Looks like Coach Derek’s mixed martial arts programs are going to be coming in handy!
And I’m thinking we might have to utilize some yoga and stretching for this one as well, aye?
Thankfully we have that in The Academy as well, and have seen some celebs utilize it we can pull from for the sake of this article.
But before we move onto Helen’s workout breakdown, let’s do a little background information for all our Disney lovers:
Prior to marrying Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl seemed to have a strong opinion, stating that she both planned to break the “glass ceiling” (as Supers were a predominantly male profession) and would not settle down, at that time, in her firebrand ways as a married housewife. Life had other plans for her, however, as Mr. Incredible had managed to be so dazzling that she broke down and agreed to marry him. Shortly after their wedding, a chain reaction of events involving lawsuits results in Supers being outlawed by the U.S. government.
Since it became illegal to work as a Super, her goal of becoming a prominent superheroine was made a moot point. Elastigirl then changed to a more traditional role: becoming a housewife and devoting her effort to being a good wife and mother. This is particularly important raising three children while living in witness protection and trying to raise super-children in a normal world.
Helen adjusted skillfully to the anti-Super law by completely renouncing her career as Elastigirl. In the privacy of the Parr residence, however, she still sometimes used her superpowers to aid her in housework and keep her three children under control. Her biggest concern is that since both she and Mr. Incredible were superheroes, their marriage has begat “superkids”, and she does not want her children breaking the anti-Super law (whereas her husband takes the stance that the kids need to revel in their very special abilities).
Now that’s what I’m talking about.
Of course, if you didn’t want to read that you could simply skip ahead to the workout itself.
But, I like it.
Are you ready?
Check out all The SHJ Programs and start unleashing your inner SuperHuman.
The Elastigirl Inspired Workout Routine
3-5 days per week
I’m going to be sharing Jennifer Aniston’s yoga workout below that you can utilize multiple times a week, but we also have yoga options inside The Academy. You can also use YouTube and local classes a few times a week! I will also be adding some of Coach Derek’s MMA styled training. That will help with Helen’s hand to hand combat, and also the toning and calorie burn that it’ll take to get her Elastigirl physique!
Want To Upgrade This Workout?
The Superhero Academy now comes with an Upgrade Your Workout Tool that allows Academy members to turn any SHJ workout into a 4-8 week fully planned regime detailing exact weights to lift and including reverse & tradition pyramid training, straight sets, super sets, progressive overload and more.
Elastigirl Inspired Workout: Jennifer Aniston’s Yoga
Works: Total-body, but especially arms, abs and legs.
Begin in Mountain Pose, with your feet together. Place your palms together. Close the eyes. Get centered. As you inhale, sweep the arms above the head, as you exhale, hinge at the hips forward fold. Again, inhale, keep the palms on the floor, or bring your hands up to the knees, raise your chest halfway forward, flatten your spine.
Exhale, step back to Plank, top of a push-up. Look straight ahead.
Inhale. Exhale, lower down, hugging the elbows in close to your body.
Inhale, lift the heart up, shoulders roll back away from the ears into a Cobra or Up Dog. Exhale, press back to Downward Facing Dog.
Take five deep breaths. At the end of the last exhale, look up to the hands. Step the feet to the hands. Inhale, look up. Exhale, fold down.
Inhale, press the feet into the mat and firm the thighs to rise up to Mountain Pose. Exhale, press the palms together at the heart.
Repeat five times.
Works: Inner-thighs, core, and mental focus.
Place most of your weight on your right leg and draw your left heel to the inner-thigh of the right leg. Steady your gaze and connect with your breath. Keep the left knee turning out, and gently tuck your tailbone, as you extend out throughout the crown of the head.
With the hands in prayer position, press the palms together, at the same time press the inner-thigh and the sole of the foot together.
Ingber’s Yogalosophy Moves
Yogalosophy moves pair a traditional yoga pose with a toning exercise for maximal results in minimal time.
Temple Pose to Plie Squats
Works: Outer-thighs, glutes, inner-thighs.
Complete three sets, 30 seconds plus eight reps and eight mini reps.
1. Bring your feet about three-feet apart, planted on the floor with the toes turned out. Bring your palms together in prayer position, and bend both knees.
2. Sink down with the lower body as you stay lifted through the upper body.
3. Try not to sway your lower back or lean forward; tuck your tailbone under slightly. Engage your quads and your glutes.
4. Take five deep breaths.
PLIE SQUATS (x8) -> BACK TO TEMPLE (x2) -> THEN PULSE:
1. Press into both heels, using your glutes to rise up. Immediately lower back down, squatting the hips eight times. Make sure to keep your knees pressing open, and your spine straight.
2. After eight, hold the hips down in Temple Pose for five breaths. Repeat eight more squats.
3. Hold the last squat, and pulse the hips down eight times.
Chair Pose to Squats
Works: Legs and glutes
Complete three sets that are 30 seconds each, plus eight reps and eight mini reps.
1. Start with your feet together. Sink down into an imaginary chair, so it is as if you were seated. Your butt and sit bones are sinking down towards your heels. Your arms are extended up towards the sky. Palms face each other or touch together.
2. Firm your triceps and send energy out through the arms, as you continue to ground down into the earth. Five breaths here, in and out of the nose. Press your feet into the floor, lead with your sternum, and rise up to standing.
ADD SQUATS (x8) -> BACK TO CHAIR (x2) -> THEN PULSE:
1. Step the feet apart slightly, about hips-width distance, and bring your palms together at your chest. Sink the hips back into a seated position, and immediately press back up. Continue to breathe.
2. Do this eight times, then step the feet together. Back to Chair Pose.
Boat Pose to V-ups
Complete eight reps, breaths, three sets
1. Come into Boat Pose by balancing on your sit bones. Extend your arms straight out in front of you, parallel to the floor, and lift your chest and sternum upward as you gaze up.
2. Extend your legs so that your toes are at eye level. Cross your arms over your chest, and using your lower abdominal muscles, slowly lower yourself down so that your shoulders and heels are hovering a few inches off the floor.
3. Then raise back up into Boat Pose, again using your abs.
Works: Core, abs and arms.
1. Begin in Plank position, and bring the feet together.
2. Move the right hand directly below the face.
3. Shift your body to the side, so that you are balancing on the right hand, and the outside edge of your right foot. Make sure that your feet are flexed and the underside of the waist is lifting up, so your top hip is lifting up towards the ceiling.
4. Press the bottom hand into the floor, so that you are not dumping into that right shoulder. Keep the right arm straight (but not locked). If you are super flexible to the point of hyper-extension, make sure you don’t lock your elbow. Slowly bring your body back to the center and balance it out. Repeat on the left side. Take Five breaths.
Spinning: 30 minutes
Works: Everything! Spinning is excellent heart rate training, and it builds muscle while you burn fat, which transforms the body into a fat-burning machine.
“Muscle burns more calories that fat does, so we change the ratio of stored fat to lean muscle mass. That means you are burning more calories, even when you are standing in line at the grocery store,” Ingber says.
Elastigirl Inspired Mixed Martial Arts Training:
For some Thai Boxing fun check out Anna Diop’s routine.
For Parkour I worked with Felix on this one: Nightrunner workout.
Join The Superhero Academy and start unleashing your inner SuperHuman.