Last updated on June 9th, 2020 at 02:03 pm
Shazam is coming soon, and it’s time to prepare.
And what better way to prepare for Shazam than to become him!?
No. The Wizard is not here to grant you his power.
I’m sure if Djimon Hounsou was here he would do it for you though.
I mean he does it for Zachary Levi…
But anyways, I’m here. And with you hard work I’ll do my best to get you there.
We’ve already seen a ton of other DC heroes (most of the males you’ll hear about later in the height comparison), but I wonder if Shazam would be offended that we saw Captain Marvel before him….
Weight: 225 lbs
Real Name: Billy Batson
Shazam is actually pretty dang tall.
Not THE tallest, but he’s up there.
Vegeta were tied Wolverine for the shortest spot among comic characters we’ve seen at 5’3, prior to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles coming in at 5’2, (and Gimli even shorter) – but Damian Wayne (Robin) is only 5’4. Goku isn’t that tall either, though, standing only 5’7, with Miles Morales only an inch above him.
We’ve had Superman and Eddie Brock’s Venom at 6’3, and Captain America, Scorpion and Batman at 6’2, and Carnage at 6’1. Thor and Cyborg are towering over them at 6’6, Thanos and King right there with them at 6’7, Bane at 6’8, and Deathstroke right below at 6’5, and Black Manta at 6’4.
And I say “was” because Doomsday came in at 8’10, and I doubt any characters are touching that anytime soon.
But, don’t worry if you’re not the same height or weight range.
We write these routines to be utilized by anyone and everyone.
Unlock Over 500 Celeb & Character Workouts + Get New Routines Every Week
Join The Superhero Academy
Take The SHJ Program Quiz and find the perfect program for YOU.
Shazam Diet and Nutrition
**Keep in mind: this section will be nearly identical for each hero, unless I mentioned differently (for example someone like Hellboy may get something specifically different)**
Every hero needs to still have a good diet.
Unfortunately we can train like them, but I don’t think any of us are suddenly getting their powers, or the ability to magically stop caring about nutrition.
You can’t out train your diet, so I want to still give some pillars for nutrition.
You can start by checking out The Nutrition Pillars on the site, but I’ll break down some more information for you guys as well.
That being said, I also recommend tracking and paying attention to protein intake.
BUT, there are a thousand different ways to reach your goals, so finding the most sustainable way is what’s important.
Which is why our Academy utilizes multiple different Nutrition Classes (Greek Gods, Vikings, Spartans, Hunter Gatherers, Monks, Samurais, Minimalists, SuperHumans) to allow people to choose what is right for YOU!
Download Hundreds of Workouts and Meal Plans Instantly
Join The Superhero Academy
Take The Free Workout Placement Quiz and find the best free workout for you.
Shazam Workout Routine Research
We’ve made it to “the fun part”.
And, if you don’t know by now, I say that every single time we get to the workout routine research section for character workouts.
This is where I get to break down the “how” and “why” of the workout we’re going to build based on the characters, in this case Shazam’s, powers and/or abilities.
Alright so first we should go over some quick background information.
Here’s what Shazam’s Wiki tells us about his origins:
Shazam (formerly known as Captain Marvel) is a superhero in the DC ComicsUniverse and the protector of Fawcett City. In his secret identity, pharelle Jackson young boy who was chosen to be a champion of good by the wizard Shazam. Whenever Billy speaks the wizard’s name, he is struck by a magic thunderbolt that transforms him into an adult superhero empowered with the abilities of six legendary figures.
Okay. As long as you know what’s going on here.
The six legendary figures hold A LOT of power.
So for that reason I’m just going to give you what each one is, and then if you want to further examine them you can go to the Wiki page we’re using.
But, in any case, here they are:
- S for the Wisdom of Solomon: Solomon was the third king of united Israel in historical times. According to the Bible God blessed him with supernatural wisdom at his request to lead Israel. Captain Marvel has instant access to a vast amount of knowledge. The wisdom of Solomon is sometimes known as the Wisdom of the Ancients. Captain Marvel has superhuman clairvoyance and awareness. He is provided with counsel and advice in times of need. Captain Marvel has knowledge of all languages, ancient and modern warfare, and can hypnotize or enchant people with his power. The power of wisdom lends him knowledge far beyond mortal comprehension.
- Superhuman Knowledge: Captain Marvel has exceptional photographic recall and mental acuity allowing him to read and decipher hieroglyphics, recall everything he has ever learned and solve long mathematical equations. Instantaneously he can make intuitive guesses based on limited data; to the point his guesses are almost always correct; also he has a great understanding of divine phenomenon in the mortal world.
- H for the Strength of Hercules: In his role as Earth’s Mightiest Mortal, Batson has incredible super strength. He has stalemated Superman in an arm wrestling contest, and has managed to match the strength of an Eclipso possesed Superman when he wasn’t holding back at all (although Eclipso didn’t know how to use Superman’s power at it full extent and also Marvel showed more strain, indicating that Superman is fractionally stronger), and has rendered Superman unconscious (however he had the advantage of catching Superman by surprise). Captain Marvel has moved and destroyed massive objects. He has fought warriors such as Wonder Woman and Superman although both of them have defeated him. Captain Marvel refrains from such power displays as physically moving planets, although, given his abilities against Superman and Wonder Woman, such feats would be within his abilities.
- Superhuman Strength
- A for the Stamina of Atlas: The Titan known as Atlas had limitless endurance. Atlas cradled the Earth for time immemorial. He can overcome tremendous physical resistance. This superhuman ability lends to his ability to stay as Captain Marvel for elongated periods of time, survive in space and fight seemingly endless battles such as his fight with the [[w:c:batman:Spectre|Spectre] or Black Adam.
- Superhuman Stamina
- Z for the Power of Zeus: Zeus was Olympus’s high father and the god of magical lightning bolts. Zeus’ power, besides fueling the magic thunderbolt that transform Captain Marvel, also enhances Captain Marvel’s other physical and magical abilities. This power reinforces his physical invulnerability and resistance against magic spells and attacks. Captain Marvel can use the magical lightning as a weapon. He can summon Zeus’s lighting bolts to strike his opponents. Zeus’s lightning may be used to create mythic apparatus, restore damage done to Marvel, and act as a power source for magical spells. He knocked Superman unconscious with the speed of Mercury and with his fists wrapped in lighting bolts.
- A for the Courage of Achilles: Captain Marvel has heroic levels of inner strength from which to draw. He has the courage of the Greek Hero Achilles which in battle and while in the Captain Marvel form allows him to wield great bravery and spirit. Captain Marvel is blessed with an innate and harmonious good will. A divine cheerfulness that is characterized by his trademark grin. It gives him a perseverance that pushes him to always confront a challenge with a knowing optimism.
- M for the Speed of Mercury: By channeling Mercury’s speed, Captain Marvel can easily fly and move at speeds far exceeding Mach 10 (2 miles a second) while in earth’s atmosphere. This is far from his limit as the Speed of Mercury allows him to move at speeds faster than light. Just like Black Adam, his reflexes and speed enhance the impact of his uncharted physical strength. Thanks to the power of Mercury, Marvel flies as swiftly as the messenger god of Greek and Roman myth.
- Superhuman Speed
I did leave some extras below each if they were relevant to our training.
And while we won’t be able to train to fly…we sure can train to jump higher!
To put Shazam’s strength into perspective even more, here’s one last thing from his Wiki page:
- Class 100 +. As Captain Marvel he received the upgrade to Lord Marvel and became the keeper of the Rock of Eternity he was one of the strongest beings in the Universe
Yeah, we’re going to want to get STRONG for this one.
Do you think you’re ready?
Check out all The SHJ Programs and start unleashing your inner SuperHuman.
The Shazam Workout Routine
5+ days per week
I’m giving you a 5 day training split. We’ll be powerbuilding for this one. We’re looking to unlock some powers, get strong, AND get the physique. Feel free to add in extra mixed martial arts training from Coach Derek if you plan on trying to save the world anytime soon.
Want To Upgrade This Workout?
The Superhero Academy now comes with an Upgrade Your Workout Tool that allows Academy members to turn any SHJ workout into a 4-8 week fully planned regime detailing exact weights to lift and including reverse & tradition pyramid training, straight sets, super sets, progressive overload and more.
Day One: Chest and Triceps
Close Grip Bench Press
Incline Bench Press (DB or BB)
Dumbbell Bench Press
Seated Overhead Tricep Extension
Day Two: Back and Traps
Day Three: Quads and Calves
Leg Press Calf Raise
Seated Calf Raise
Day Four: Shoulders and Biceps
Barbell Press (Seated or Standing)
Seated Arnold Press
Dumbbell Lateral Raises
Dumbbell Front Raises
Dumbbell Bicep Curls
3×8-10 each arm
Cable Preacher Curls
3×6-8 each arm
Day Five: Deadlifts and Hamstrings
Dumbbell Romanian Deadlifts Light
Bulgarian Split Squat Light
3×8-10 each leg.
Optional Mixed Martial Arts Training
Choose a mixed martial arts program below:
For some Thai Boxing fun check out Anna Diop’s routine.
**And the Daredevil workout also has some beginner Parkour as well.**
Join The Superhero Academy and start unleashing your inner SuperHuman.