Last updated on October 14th, 2021 at 06:19 pm
The next sin from Father’s embodiments that is joining our Fullmetal Alchemist Inspired Workouts is Envy!
Just this week alone we’ve added Greed and Lust to our Anime Workouts Database and Envy is next on the list among our FMA requests that you guys have been flooding the request form with.
That obviously means we’re pretty used to seeing some of the abilities among our sins, so we’ll be switching it up for Envy and working around calisthenics program this time!
Like our other two sins we saw this week Envy also comes in among our lists of the most powerful FMA characters and our most popular Fullmetal Alchemist characters; but she just makes the runner up section among the powerful and comes in within the top five most popular!
She’ll definitely be a fan favorite to get within our Workout Placement Quizzes.
Real Name: Envy
Height: 5’3 (Guesstimate)
Anime: Fullmetal Alchemist
Envy’s height is a guesstimate from our character height chart, although multiple sources confirm it’s pretty accurate.
And at 5’3 Envy comes in among the shorter range compared to other characters and even celebs we’ve seen at SHJ.
Supergirl and Erza Scarlet were our shortest at 5’5 before Wasp came in at 5’4 and Kale, Anna and Nina Williams matching her there. BUT, now we have Caulifla at 4’8 and Sailor Moon at 4’11! Katana is just behind her at 5’2.
But the average height for female celebrities on the site is generally more-so ranging from 5’4-5’6 – and our Black Widow is just above that at 5’7 with Spider-Gwen, Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy at 5’8.
But don’t worry, either way.
Not only are these routines for all shapes and sizes – they also work for both men and women – regardless of the gender of the hero.
Grab The Unofficial FMA Workout Booklet and Unleash Your Inner Alchemist!
Envy Diet and Nutrition
**Keep in mind: this section will be nearly identical for each hero.**
Every hero needs to still have a good diet.
Unfortunately we can train like them, but I don’t think any of us are suddenly getting their powers, or the ability to magically stop caring about nutrition.
You can’t out train your diet, so I want to still give some pillars for nutrition.
You can start by checking out The Nutrition Pillars on the site, but I’ll break down some more information for you guys as well.
Guys like Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart incorporate 80/20 dieting with big weekly cheat meals, Hugh Jackman, Tom Hopper, Benedict Cumberbatch and Terry Crews utilize intermittent fasting (something I use daily as well), Ariana Grande, Mustafa Shakir and Madelaine Petsch are vegans, Brandon Routh and Frank Grillo opt for paleo, and tons of others utilize their own variations as well.
It’s all about sustainability.
AND, there are a thousand different ways to reach your goals, so finding the most sustainable way is what’s important.
Which is why our Academy utilizes multiple different Nutrition Classes (Greek Gods, Vikings, Spartans, Hunter Gatherers, Monks, Samurais, Minimalists, SuperHumans) to allow people to choose what is right for YOU!
Curious where over a hundred celebs fall in their dietary choices ranging from High Protein and Keto to Vegetarian, Vegan and Intermittent Fasting? Want exclusive celeb meal plans? Check this out.
Take The FMA Workout Placement Quiz Now!
Envy Workout Routine Research
We’ve made it to “the fun part”.
And, if you don’t know by now, I say that every single time we get to the workout routine research section for character workouts.
Leading off just like we did for our other FMA sins by pulling from Envy’s Wiki Fandom page we actually immediately get the longest bio we’ve seen among Envy, Greed and Lust thus far, stating:
Envy is the embodiment of some of Father’s envy. Envy has the ability to shape-shift. This ability can be used to assume the form of any existing person (or original personas that Envy himself creates). He can even modify his own voice to directly copy others. Being a homunculus, Envy technically has no sex. Although he is capable of taking the form of both male and female people, he himself is referred as a male.
Envy, who exists only to make humans suffer, bears more bitter resentment for humans than any other homunculus, and negatively treats with humans in the most personal and heartfelt manner. His hatred for humans has an immense emotional and personal foundation greater than any of their siblings’. Envy can easily be set off by insults due to their large and delicate ego, thus causing them to make mistakes.
Envy is one of the two Homunculi who possesses “true forms”—physical incarnations of his traits and personality that take shape when his Stones are almost completely depleted. The other homunculus with a true form is Pride.
And then when we move into her powers and abilities we learn more about what makes her so powerful.
Here’s how they break that down with the exception of her shapeshifting, which we’ll discuss after:
- Immortality: Envy does not age, though the physical age of his true form is up for debate.
- Rapid Regeneration: Envy can regenerate incredibly quickly from otherwise fatal injuries. One of the best examples (though not shown on-screen) is when he regenerates from half of his body after being swallowed by Gluttony. However, what is unique to Envy is the fact that after being killed enough, instead of remaining in humanoid form, he will expel a small, lizard or worm-like parasitic form that is easily killed.
- Contamination Immunity: Envy is immune to all poisons, toxins, venoms, viruses, bacteria, allergen, diseases, etc.
- Self Sustenance: Envy does not need to eat, drink or breathe to stay alive.
- Enhanced Physiology: Even in his much smaller, preferred form, Envy possesses strength, speed, reflexes, stamina, durability, senses, agility, and coordination superior to any human, chimera, or animal. However, his lack of combat prowess has proven to be a liability.
- Impersonation: Envy is proficient at imitating the personality and traits of other people. This, paired with his shapeshifting, allows him to disguise himself as different individuals without arousing suspicion. The best example of this ability is when he fooled the people of Liore into believing he was Father Cornello, and Envy is even able to goad them into violence. However, his imitations are not perfect and Envy is prone to becoming overconfident in his disguises. People who are close to the one Envy is impersonating are also able to pick up on Envy’s inconsistencies, such as when Hawkeye deduces Envy was not the real Mustang.
- Possession: Under his true, parasitic, original form, Envy’s only remaining ability is to take control of the body of a human or Homunculus host. The host then becomes an extension of Envy’s parasitic body, being able to take control of additional host bodies, using the host’s soul or Philosopher’s Stone to resupply Envy’s strength. Envy seems to only be able activate this ability by biting his victims while in his weakened form. However, Envy has noted he cannot control someone by biting into automail, as seen when he failed to possess Edward. This ability is similar to Pride’s ability to gain the traits of whomever he eats. With the body of a Mannequin Soldier Envy initially only possessed the abilities of a Mannequin Soldier – along with the ability to absorb other Mannequin Soldiers. Upon absorbing enough of them, Envy regained his former abilities, morphing the Mannequin Soldier bodies back to Envy’s human appearance.
By now we are no strangers to that Enhanced Physiology that our FMA sins have.
But before we talk about how we’re going to be training around it, let’s discuss Envy’s shapeshifting as well:
Shapeshifting: Envy has the ability to shape-shift into anything or anyone, whether it be real people, animals, or human aspects that they made up. He can transform into anything that doesn’t exceed the size and weight of his true form, which, seeing how massively large it is, does not create much of an issue. This power comes in handy to go anywhere unnoticed or to travel fast, allowing Envy to shape-shift into an average citizen to blend into a crowd for stealth, or a fast-moving animal such as a horse or dog. Additionally, Envy can transform individual parts of his body, often using this ability in battle to transform his limbs into weapons. Even in his preferred human form, Envy’s appearance bares his actual weight, something Ling Yao realized as he fought Envy. Envy’s true form’s weight grants him enormous strength and durability. In spite of his immense weight, Envy is very fast in all forms he assumes. It is also noted that even in his human form, Envy can make his arms extendable (to an unknown length, however), and apparently sharp (as proved by the injuries they inflicted upon Riza Hawkeye), tentacle-like appendages.
So for this one we’re training around that enhanced physiology which comes with strength, speed and endurance.
But, as I mentioned before: we’re going to be using calisthenics training to do it this time around.
We’ll still have our endurance work and even our “Father Circuit Test” (which is the only thing that includes weights) that we saw from our other sins, but this time we’ll be strictly working with bodyweight training.
Be ready for high intensity all the way through, and if you want to level up your routines go ahead and use our upgrade tool inside The Academy to turn any of them into a full 8-12 week program with enforced progressive overload!
Join The Superhero Academy and start unleashing your inner SuperHuman.
Envy Workout Routine
5-6 days a week
We’ll be utilizing 3 days of calisthenics, 1 day devoted to endurance (although you can do more), and of course, Father’s Circuit Test!
Want To Upgrade This Workout?
The Superhero Academy now comes with an Upgrade Your Workout Tool that allows Academy members to turn any SHJ workout into a 4-8 week fully planned regime detailing exact weights to lift and including reverse & traditional pyramid training, straight sets, super sets, progressive overload and more.
Envy Workout Routine: Sample Workout Schedule
Monday: Enhanced Physiology Calisthenics A and Row
Tuesday: Father’s Circuit Test
Wednesday: Enhanced Physiology Calisthenics B and Bike
Thursday: Enhanced endurance Work
Friday: Enhanced Physiology Calisthenics C and Swim
Saturday: Endurance, Parkour and MMA
Sunday: Rest Day
Envy Workout Routine: Enhanced Physiology Calisthenics A and Row
Jump Rope Warm Up
3×50 High Knees
A. Close to Wide Push Ups
A. Chin Ups
B. Mountain Climbers
A. Air Squats
B. Hanging Leg Raises
Envy Workout Routine: Father’s Circuit Test
In a perfect world our Academy members or 90 Day System members will use this day to work in our Benchmark Workouts to continue testing and improving scores and tracking them against other members; especially our SHJ Core Benchmarks (although our Hero Benchmarks are just as awesome).
If you are not an Academy member or you don’t have access to a 90 Day System, you can also sub in different circuits here from some of the HIIT resources I provide.
(Another note: You should continue coming back and re-trying to workout every so often to see how much you can improve your score!)
Father’s Circuit Test: Complete 4 Rounds for Time
25 Kettlebell Swings 1.5/1 pood
10 Kettlebell Goblet Squats 1.5/1 pood
**This is the same for all of Father’s embodiments.**
Envy Workout Routine: Calisthenics B and Bike
Jump Rope Warm Up
3×50 High Knees
B. Handstand Push Ups
A. Wide Grip Pull Ups
B. Lying Leg Raises
A. Alternating Pistol Squats
B. Clap Push Ups
Envy Workout Routine: Enhanced Endurance Training
For your endurance, HIIT or MMA/Parkour days you have quite a few options.
You can utilize enforced endurance training that I will program for you based on your fitness level like we do with other workouts here at SHJ…OR you can do 45-60+ minutes of varied cardio (bike, treadmill, elliptical, stairs, row, swim, etc.)…OR you can even use the HIIT resources I’ll provide.
I’ll break it down in that order:
Option One – Run Based on Overall Fitness Level:
Beginner: 1-3 Miles
Intermediate: 3-5 Miles
Advanced: 5+ Miles
Endurance Work Resources:
- Constance Wu Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- Ewan McGregor Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- Kid Flash Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- Grant Gustin Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- How To Continue Training After Your First 5K (Workout Included)
Option Two – Varied Cardio for 45-60 Minutes:
Split your cardio up however you’d like but complete 45-60+ minutes using:
- Treadmill Walk/Run
- Rower Machine
Option Three – Complete HIIT Training Using SHJ Resources:
- The Best HIIT Workouts
- Jump Rope Workout Database
- Academy Members: Insert a Benchmark Hero Workout (Circuit) or SHJ Core Circuit Test
Envy Workout Routine: Calisthenics C and Swim
Jump Rope Warm Up
3×50 High Knees
A. Regular Push Ups
A. Pull Ups
B. Inch Worms
B. Glute Bridges
Envy Workout Routine: Bonus Training Resources
Parkour Training Resources:
- The Nightrunner Parkour Workout Routine
- The Assassin’s Creed Parkour Workout Routine
- The Robbie Amell Parkour Workout Routine
Main MMA Training Resources
- Anna Diop Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- Ryan Potter Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- Frank Grillo Boxing Workout
Other MMA Training Resources:
- Deathstroke Workout Routine
- Daredevil Workout Routine
- Moon Knight Workout Routine
- Sagat Workout Routine
Join The Superhero Academy and start unleashing your inner SuperHuman.
GRAB THE UNOFFICIAL FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST WORKOUT BOOKLET!
More than 10 Workouts for Alchemists, Martial Artists, Weapon Specialists, Mechanics, Military Personnel and Everyone in Between!
(Unofficial Workouts Inspired by Characters)