Last updated on February 25th, 2022 at 03:18 pm
Adora landing at SHJ has been a long time coming.
We had a handful of requests for Adora/She-Ra when we were building out our Avatar: The Last Airbender Inspired Workouts, but at the time the audience was too young to warrant prioritizing her.
I wanted to be able to do Adora’s character the justice she deserves and build a full bada*s workout routine without sacrificing any pieces worried that kids that were too young were going to end up hurting themselves because of it.
Now we’ve added over five hundred characters to our Anime Workouts Database and the requests coming in for Adora are from all our SHJ Army members from that neck of the woods.
That being said, I’m super excited to be able to finally tackle this one for you guys!
We’ve already had our He-Man Workout, and now She-Ra will finally get her place!
Real Name: Daki
Height: 5’4 (Refer: Amino Apps)
Animated Series: She-Ra and the Princesses of Power
I’ve seen a height range of around 5’4 or so for Adora and 6’0+ for She-Ra, but it is extremely varied.
For that reason I do want to make note that this is just an approximate guess that is given by Amino Apps.
Supergirl and Erza Scarlet were our shortest at 5’5 before Wasp came in at 5’4 and Kale, Anna and Nina Williams matching her there. BUT, now we have Caulifla at 4’8 and Sailor Moon at 4’11! Katana is just behind her at 5’2.
But the average height for female celebrities on the site is generally more-so ranging from 5’4-5’6 – and our Black Widow is just above that at 5’7 with Spider-Gwen, Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy at 5’8.
But don’t worry, either way.
Not only are these routines for all shapes and sizes – they also work for both men and women – regardless of the gender of the hero.
Grab you Superhero Workouts Booklet and Unleash Your Inner Superhero!
Adora Diet and Nutrition
**Keep in mind: this section will be nearly identical for each hero.**
Every hero needs to still have a good diet.
Unfortunately we can train like them, but I don’t think any of us are suddenly getting their powers, or the ability to magically stop caring about nutrition.
You can’t out train your diet, so I want to still give some pillars for nutrition.
You can start by checking out The Nutrition Pillars on the site, but I’ll break down some more information for you guys as well.
Guys like Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart incorporate 80/20 dieting with big weekly cheat meals, Hugh Jackman, Tom Hopper, Benedict Cumberbatch and Terry Crews utilize intermittent fasting (something I use daily as well), Ariana Grande, Mustafa Shakir and Madelaine Petsch are vegans, Brandon Routh and Frank Grillo opt for paleo, and tons of others utilize their own variations as well.
It’s all about sustainability.
AND, there are a thousand different ways to reach your goals, so finding the most sustainable way is what’s important.
Which is why our Academy utilizes multiple different Nutrition Classes (Greek Gods, Vikings, Spartans, Hunter Gatherers, Monks, Samurais, Minimalists, SuperHumans) to allow people to choose what is right for YOU!
Curious where over a hundred celebs fall in their dietary choices ranging from High Protein and Keto to Vegetarian, Vegan and Intermittent Fasting? Want exclusive celeb meal plans? Check this out.
Take The Superhero Workout Placement Quiz Now!
Adora Workout Routine Research
We’ve made it to “the fun part”.
And, if you don’t know by now, I say that every single time we get to the workout routine research section for character workouts.
To learn more about who we’re dealing with here I’ll be pulling right from Adora’s Wiki Fandom page, starting with what they tell us in her brief bio section:
Adora is the main protagonist of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, the current She-Ra; guardian of Etheria, and co-leader of the Princess Alliance and The Rebellion.
From there we can jump directly into her powers and abilities.
Skipping her appearance section in this case is okay because her powers section will give us a ton of information about her transformations.
Here’s how they break it down:
- Powers via the Sword of Protection (And later by herself):
- Transformation : Using the Sword of Protection, Adora can transform into the legendary warrior She-Ra. Described by Mermista as being eight-feet tall, Adora becomes much taller and more muscular when transformed into She-Ra. Her hair also becomes longer and a much lighter shade of blonde. Her eyes become lighter-blue and when affected by the runestone, turns white. Finally, Adora’s clothes are transformed into She-Ra’s costume. With the sword broken she discovered the power within and can now transform without it, materializing a new sword in the process as well.
- Adora can also transform the sword into any form (from Season Two and onward). Some include a shield, a flute, a mop, a whip, and a cup.
- Superhuman Strength: Adora is incredibly strong as She-Ra, being able to easily lift alder and punch dents into Horde tanks with very little effort. Even without She-Ra powers Adora is very strong which can be seen when she wins an arm-wrestling match against well built, strong Sea Hawk who himself is an excellent wrestler.
- Superhuman Agility: Adora is shown to be able to make incredible leaps while transformed.
- Healing Powers: According to Perfuma, She-Ra is said to possess powerful healing abilities. The first time Adora successfully performed this ability as She-Ra was when she restored Plumeria using the very same machine the Horde used to poison the land as the conduit, reversing the damage. Later, Shadow Weaver guides Adora into being able to heal her using the runestone housed in She-Ra’s sword.
- Animal Transformation: Energy from the sword’s Runestone is shown to mutate animals. This is shown twice on the show. The second being a reptile in Plumeria that scurries away, the first resulted in the transformation of “Horsey” into “Swift Wind”. Swift Wind’s transformation was physical and mental, giving the creature intelligence, a horn, the abilty to speak and wings. It changed the color of Swift Wind’s hair and mane. It also created a bond between Adora and Swift Wind that strengthens with teamwork.
- Energy Blast: Focusedthrough the sword and is rainbow-colored.
- Aura Generation: When united with the other Princesses, Adora can generate an aura that greatly increases her power. Her aura manifests in white with some little pale yellow glowing.
- Animal Magic: She-Ra has the power to calm aggression in animals. This is first seen in “The Sword: Part 1” after she transforms when being attack by a giant bug-like creature.
- Sword Summoning: In Season Five, with her new She-Ra form comes the ability to summon a new sword that seems to be just as powerful as her old one.
- Space Survival: In her She-Ra form she can travel trough the void of space without the assistance of a space suit.
That’s a whole lot of powers!
For this we’re going to be specifically focusing on her superhuman strength and agility.
But there’s more to discuss…
This is what they share in her abilities section (remember, above was just her “powers”):
- Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Even before finding the Sword, Adora was an incredibly skilled combatant as a result of her cadet training with the Horde. She was able to complete her training in record time. She hasn’t shown much skill after her initial appearance but seems to have reclaimed this skill in Season Five.
- Navigation and Survival: Using materials in the Crimson Waste, Adora was able to find the right way to go.
- Leadership: Adora has been shown to be a competent leader, capable of coordinating her allies and develop strategies.
- Indomitable Will: Adora is very determined to prove herself worthy of protecting those she cares about.
This section tells us we’re going to need to step it up a notch and include some extra endurance work if we want to be able to hang in Adora’s fights as long as she’s able to as an expert hand-to-hand-combatant.
Being that we are training mainly around strength and agility, though, we will be using weight training to accomplish it.
If you’d like to train specifically around calisthenics workouts you can find hundreds of them in that specific database.
Check out all The SHJ Programs and start unleashing your inner SuperHuman.
Adora Workout Routine
4+ days per week
Fort his one we’re going to be working around an upper/lower body split with 2 days of upper and 2 days of lower body and then I’ll also include an endurance day which is optional and a final She-Ra Circuit Test for you to take on every week, two weeks, or even monthly depending on how often you’re up for the challenge.
Want To Upgrade This Workout?
The Superhero Academy now comes with an Upgrade Your Workout Tool that allows Academy members to turn any SHJ workout into a 4-8 week fully planned regime detailing exact weights to lift and including reverse & traditional pyramid training, straight sets, super sets, progressive overload and more.
Adora Workout: Sample Schedule
Monday: Sword of Protection Upper Body A
Tuesday: Sword of Protection Lower Body A
Wednesday: She-Ra Circuit Test or Optional Endurance
Thursday: Sword of Protection Upper Body B
Friday: Sword of Protection Lower Body B
Saturday: Optional Endurance Work or Bonus Resources
Sunday: Mandatory Rest Day
Adora She-Ra Workout Routine: Sword of Protection Upper Body A
10-30 Minute Varied Cardio
Barbell Bench Press
Barbell Bent Over Rows
Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Low Cable Chest Flyes
Overhead Dumbbell Tricep Extensions
Rope Cable Face Pulls
Adora She-Ra Workout Routine: Sword of Protection Lower Body A
10-30 Minute Varied Cardio
Glute Ham Raises
Alternating Forward Lunges
3×10-15 each leg
Lying Hamstring Curls
Standing Smith Machine Calf Raises
Hanging Leg Raises
Adora She-Ra Workout Routine: She-Ra Circuit Test
In a perfect world our Academy members or 90 Day System members will use this day to work in our Benchmark Workouts to continue testing and improving scores and tracking them against other members; especially our SHJ Core Benchmarks (although our Hero Benchmarks are just as awesome).
If you are not an Academy member or you don’t have access to a 90 Day System, you can also sub in different circuits here from some of the HIIT resources I provide.
(Another note: You should continue coming back and re-trying to workout every so often to see how much you can improve your score!)
She-Ra Circuit Test: Complete 2 Rounds
100 Air Squats
75 Push Ups
50 Sit Ups
Adora She-Ra Workout Routine: Sword of Protection Upper Body B
10-30 Minute Varied Cardio
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
Standing Barbell Push Press
Cable Lat Pullovers
Close to Wide Push-ups
EZ-Bar Bicep Curl
Dumbbell Tricep Kickbacks
Adora She-Ra Workout Routine: Sword of Protection Lower Body B
10-30 Minute Varied Cardio
Unilateral Dumbbell Shrug
Seated Machine Calf Raises
Hanging Leg Raises
Adora She-ra Workout: Optional Endurance Work Resources
For your endurance, HIIT or MMA/Parkour days you have quite a few options.
You can utilize enforced endurance training that I will program for you based on your fitness level like we do with other workouts here at SHJ…OR you can do 45-60+ minutes of varied cardio (bike, treadmill, elliptical, stairs, row, swim, etc.)…OR you can even use the HIIT resources I’ll provide.
I’ll break it down in that order:
Option One – Run Based on Overall Fitness Level:
Beginner: 1-3 Miles
Intermediate: 3-5 Miles
Advanced: 5+ Miles
Endurance Work Resources:
- Constance Wu Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- Ewan McGregor Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- Kid Flash Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- Grant Gustin Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- How To Continue Training After Your First 5K (Workout Included)
Option Two – Varied Cardio for 45-60 Minutes:
Split your cardio up however you’d like but complete 45-60+ minutes using:
- Treadmill Walk/Run
- Rower Machine
Option Three – Complete HIIT Training Using SHJ Resources:
- The Best HIIT Workouts
- Jump Rope Workout Database
- Academy Members: Insert a Benchmark Hero Workout (Circuit) or SHJ Core Circuit Test
Adora She-Ra Workout: Bonus Training Resources
Parkour Training Resources:
- The Nightrunner Parkour Workout Routine
- The Assassin’s Creed Parkour Workout Routine
- The Robbie Amell Parkour Workout Routine
Main MMA Training Resources
- Anna Diop Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- Ryan Potter Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- Frank Grillo Boxing Workout
Other MMA Training Resources:
- Deathstroke Workout Routine
- Daredevil Workout Routine
- Moon Knight Workout Routine
- Sagat Workout Routine
Join The Superhero Academy and start unleashing your inner SuperHuman.