Last updated on March 21st, 2021 at 11:14 pm
We are definitely due for more Demon Slayer Inspired Workouts, and when I asked you guys on our Instagram who I should prioritize Giyu Tomioka was one of the big first choices!
Between Jujutsu Kaisen and Demon Slayer I can’t even keep up with the amount of requests coming in that pile on top of all the new routines you guys want for our Anime Workouts Database.
Thankfully I’ve been on a bit of a tear through Demon Slayer so I’m pretty hyped for all these characters to make their way onto the site as well.
Giyu Tomioka Stats:
Real Name: Giyu Tomioka
Weight: 152 lbs.
Anime: Demon Slayer
Giyu is actually fairly tall.
Compared to other male anime characters he’d actually likely be slightly above average.
Wolverine was the shortest spot among comic characters we’ve seen at 5’3, prior to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles coming in at 5’2, (and Gimli even shorter) – but Damian Wayne (Robin) is only 5’4. Goku isn’t that tall either, though, standing only 5’7, with Miles Morales only an inch above him.
We’ve had Superman and Eddie Brock’s Venom at 6’3, and Captain America, Scorpion and Batman at 6’2, and Carnage at 6’1. Thor and Cyborg are towering over them at 6’6, Thanos and King right there with them at 6’7, Bane at 6’8, and Deathstroke right below at 6’5, and Black Manta at 6’4.
But, don’t worry if you’re not the same height or weight range.
We write these routines to be utilized by anyone and everyone.
Unlock Over 500 Celeb & Character Workouts + Get New Routines Every Week
Join The Superhero Academy
Take The SHJ Program Quiz and find the perfect program for YOU.
Giyu Tomioka Diet and Nutrition
**Keep in mind: this section will be nearly identical for each hero, unless I mentioned differently (for example someone like Hulk may get something specifically different)**
Every hero needs to still have a good diet.
Unfortunately we can train like them, but I don’t think any of us are suddenly getting their powers, or the ability to magically stop caring about nutrition.
You can’t out train your diet, so I want to still give some pillars for nutrition.
You can start by checking out The Nutrition Pillars on the site, but I’ll break down some more information for you guys as well.
Guys like Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart incorporate 80/20 dieting with big weekly cheat meals, Hugh Jackman, Tom Hopper, Benedict Cumberbatch and Terry Crews utilize intermittent fasting (something I use daily as well), Ariana Grande, Mustafa Shakir and Madelaine Petsch are vegans, Brandon Routh and Frank Grillo opt for paleo, and tons of others utilize their own variations as well.
It’s all about sustainability.
AND, there are a thousand different ways to reach your goals, so finding the most sustainable way is what’s important.
Which is why our Academy utilizes multiple different Nutrition Classes (Greek Gods, Vikings, Spartans, Hunter Gatherers, Monks, Samurais, Minimalists, SuperHumans) to allow people to choose what is right for YOU!
Curious where over a hundred celebs fall in their dietary choices ranging from High Protein and Keto to Vegetarian, Vegan and Intermittent Fasting? Want exclusive celeb meal plans? Check this out.
Download Hundreds of Workouts and Meal Plans Instantly
Join The Superhero Academy
Take The Free Workout Placement Quiz and find the best free workout for you.
Giyu Tomioka Workout Routine Research
We’ve made it to “the fun part”.
And, if you don’t know by now, I say that every single time we get to the workout routine research section for character workouts.
To start us off I’ll be pulling from Giyu’s Wiki Fandom to learn a bit about his background information.
Here’s what they tell us:
Giyu Tomioka is a major supporting character of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba. He is a Demon Slayer of the Demon Slayer Corps and the current Water Hashira.
Giyu had an older sister, Tsutako Tomioka, who died protecting him from a Demon on the day before her marriage. After that incident, he was left in the woods and discovered by the former Water Hashira, Sakonji Urokodaki and was taken under his wing and trained to be a Demon Slayer.
Giyu is also the close friend of Sabito, and was defended by him during the Final Selection, and became a Demon Slayer despite failing to kill a single Demon.
They also go on to tell us about Giyu’s overall powers and abilities before eventually moving into his supernatural abilities.
Here’s how they start us off:
Overall Abilities: As a Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps, Giyu is a very powerful swordsman. He is able to easily defeat the Father Spider Demon in his transformed state and Rui, Lower Rank 5. During his fight against Akaza, Upper Rank 3, he was able to hold on his own for some time and like Kyojuro, Akaza is amazed by Giyu’s skills to the point that he offers to transform the Hashira into Demon, something Akaza only asks of the most worthy of his opponents. Akaza states that he has not fought a Water Hashira as skilled as Giyu in fifty years.
- Enhanced Strength: As a Hashira, Giyu has honed his physical strength to nigh-superhuman levels. Even since the first encounter, he has displayed impressive feats, such as holding down a beserk Demon Nezuko Kamado with one hand effortlessly, and later, knocking her unconscious in one strike. In his Gaiden, he could break extremely strong ropes tied around his wrists when he was arrested for allegedly comitting a crime without effort when talking to Shinobu Kocho. In the Infinity Castle Arc, he pulled Tanjiro Kamado as he was falling with one hand.
- Immense Speed & Reflexes: Giyu is very fast, being able to tie up Inosuke Hashibira before he even realized what happened. He was also able to cut off Rui’s head in the blink of an eye. When he awakened his mark, he could move so fast that even Upper Rank 3, Akaza had trouble keeping up.
- Immense Stamina & Endurance: Due to extremely harsh training, Giyu has attained incredible stamina and endurance, mostly displayed in combat. In his battle against Akaza, he managed to continue fighting and remain determined even after sustaining dozens of powerful blows all round his body, severely weakening him, a feat which pleasantly surprised Akaza. In the Sunrise Countdown Arc, Giyu lasted almost an hour fighting the Demon King, Muzan Kibutsuji.
This is what we’ll be mainly utilizing to draw inspiration from Giyu’s character and build our workout around.
We’ll need to focus in on strength, speed, and overall endurance all at the same time to become this member of the Demon Slayer Corps.
For those of you who want the other details, we’ll also go through his supernatural abilities as well:
- Demon Slayer Mark: During his battle against Akaza, Giyu awakens his Demon Slayer Mark, appearing as a fluid-water like design on his left cheek, complementing his breathing style, Water Breathing. When activated, he gains a tremendous increase in speed, precision, and endurance to the point where he could engage in a long battle against the Upper Rank 3 on even ground.
- Crimson Red Nichirin Blade: During the fight against Muzan, Sanemi forcefully clashes his sword together with Giyu’s turning both of their blades temporarily red, which grants them the ability to hamper the enhanced regeneration of Demons.
And even his fighting style:
Master Swordsman: Being a Hashira of the Demon Slayer Corps, Giyu is one of the most powerful and skilled swordsmen in the entire organization. Akaza, the Upper Rank 3, states that Giyu possesses finely developed swordsmanship.
For this I’ll be giving you some bonus training of mixed martial arts to add in on top of our base routine.
As far as water breathing, you’ll have to work on that on your own.
Think you can handle this?
Check out all The SHJ Programs and start unleashing your inner SuperHuman.
Giyu Tomioka Workout Routine
5+ days per week
We’re going to be utilizing a PPL split (push, pull, legs) or weight training for our strength, and then two days of endurance work (one devoted to a long distance run and another based around high intensity interval training), with extra training coming from bonus resources I provide at the end.
Want To Upgrade This Workout?
The Superhero Academy now comes with an Upgrade Your Workout Tool that allows Academy members to turn any SHJ workout into a 4-8 week fully planned regime detailing exact weights to lift and including reverse & tradition pyramid training, straight sets, super sets, progressive overload and more.
Giyu Tomioka Workout Routine: Sample Workout Schedule
Monday: Demon Slayer Push Day
Tuesday: Corps Long Distance Run
Wednesday: Demon Slayer Pull Day
Thursday: Demon HIIT Day
Friday: Demon Slayer Leg Day
Saturday: Optional Bonus Training Day
Sunday: Mandatory Rest Day
Giyu Tomioka Workout Routine: Demon Slayer Push Day
10 Minute Jog
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
Seated Dumbbell Overhead Tricep Extension
Cable Tricep Pushdowns
Giyu Tomioka Workout Routine: Corps Long Distance Run
This long distance endurance work is something you’re going to build up and work on over time.
To start out it might only be 1-2 miles walking and running on and off, but as you build up your endurance you’ll slowly work up to 5+ miles of running each time.
I will provide more resources to help below.
Beginner: 1-3 Miles
Intermediate: 3-5 Miles
Advanced: 5+ Miles
Endurance Training Resources:
- Constance Wu Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- Ewan McGregor Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- Kid Flash Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- Grant Gustin Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- How To Continue Training After Your First 5K (Workout Included)
Giyu Tomioka Workout Routine: Demon Slayer Pull Day
10 Minute Jog
Bent Over Barbell Rows
Standing EZ Bar Curls
Alternating DB Hammer Curls
Alternating Single Arm KB Deadlifts
Giyu Tomioka Workout Routine: Demon HIIT Day
I’m going to be writing you a HIIT day, but I’ll also provide some bonus resources to utilize if you’d like to swap styles of training.
Giyu HIIT Workout:
Complete 5 Rounds for Time (Break 1-5 Minutes Between Rounds As Needed)
100 Jump Rope
20 Alternating Dumbbell Snatches
10 Box Jumps
20 Dumbbell Thrusts
20 Curl to Press
10 Double Unders
20 DB Lunges
Giyu Tomioka Workout Routine: Demon Slayer Leg Day
10 Minute Jog
3×10 each leg
3×10 each leg
Giyu Tomioka Workout Routine: Bonus Training Resources
MMA Training Resources:
- Deathstroke Workout Routine
- Daredevil Workout Routine
- Moon Knight Workout Routine
- Sagat Workout Routine
- Anna Diop Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- Ryan Potter Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- Frank Grillo Boxing Workout
Parkour Training Resources
- The Nightrunner Parkour Workout Routine
- The Assassin’s Creed Parkour Workout Routine
- The Robbie Amell Parkour Workout Routine
Join The Superhero Academy and start unleashing your inner SuperHuman.