Last updated on October 9th, 2021 at 07:13 am
We have only seen one other character from Black Clover, but we’re back for more – and I’m sure it won’t be the last.
We have actually had quite a few requests come in for Black Clover Inspired Workouts, they just haven’t quite been in the same flurry as other characters within our Anime Workouts Database.
Our first character, if not obvious, was our Asta Inspired Workout, but we’ll need a handful more if we want to get a Workout Placement Quiz and even a dedicated mini-workout-database for Black Clover.
Yami is big and jacked, so this one is definitely going to be a fun one – but we’ll be hopping in and out of weight training and bodyweight workouts this week – starting here with some heavy lifting!
Real Name: Yami
Anime: Black Clover
Yami’s weight isn’t technically listed but based on his size and 6′ frame he is likely anywhere from 185 to 200+ pounds if we compared him to celebrities of similar stature.
That makes him one of the taller anime male characters we’ve seen thus far.
Wolverine was the shortest spot among comic characters we’ve seen at 5’3, prior to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles coming in at 5’2, (and Gimli even shorter) – but Damian Wayne (Robin) is only 5’4. Goku isn’t that tall either, though, standing only 5’7, with Miles Morales only an inch above him.
One Punch Man falls in at 5’9 right there with Ryu, Nightwing at 5’10, and then Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Green Arrow coming in around 5’11 and Beast joining them.
We’ve had Superman and Eddie Brock’s Venom at 6’3, and Captain America, Scorpion and Batman at 6’2, and Carnage at 6’1. Thor and Cyborg are towering over them at 6’6, Thanos and King right there with them at 6’7, Bane at 6’8, and Deathstroke right below at 6’5, and Black Manta at 6’4.
Ronan and Sagat are 7’5, and Doomsday came in at 8’10, and I doubt any characters are touching that anytime soon.
But, don’t worry if you’re not the same height or weight range.
We write these routines to be utilized by anyone and everyone.
Grab The Unofficial Black Clover Workout Booklet and Unleash Your Inner Fighter!
Yami Diet and Nutrition
**Keep in mind: this section will be nearly identical for each hero.**
Every hero needs to still have a good diet.
Unfortunately we can train like them, but I don’t think any of us are suddenly getting their powers, or the ability to magically stop caring about nutrition.
You can’t out train your diet, so I want to still give some pillars for nutrition.
You can start by checking out The Nutrition Pillars on the site, but I’ll break down some more information for you guys as well.
Guys like Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart incorporate 80/20 dieting with big weekly cheat meals, Hugh Jackman, Tom Hopper, Benedict Cumberbatch and Terry Crews utilize intermittent fasting (something I use daily as well), Ariana Grande, Mustafa Shakir and Madelaine Petsch are vegans, Brandon Routh and Frank Grillo opt for paleo, and tons of others utilize their own variations as well.
It’s all about sustainability.
AND, there are a thousand different ways to reach your goals, so finding the most sustainable way is what’s important.
Which is why our Academy utilizes multiple different Nutrition Classes (Greek Gods, Vikings, Spartans, Hunter Gatherers, Monks, Samurais, Minimalists, SuperHumans) to allow people to choose what is right for YOU!
Curious where over a hundred celebs fall in their dietary choices ranging from High Protein and Keto to Vegetarian, Vegan and Intermittent Fasting? Want exclusive celeb meal plans? Check this out.
Take The Black Clover Workout Placement Quiz Now!
Yami Workout Routine Research
We’ve made it to “the fun part”.
And, if you don’t know by now, I say that every single time we get to the workout routine research section for character workouts.
Yami is obviously big, strong and aesthetically JACKED – but that doesn’t mean we’re not going to pull background information just like we do for our other characters!
For that we’re going to be using his Wiki Fandom, which tells us this for his initial bio:
Yami Sukehiro is a foreigner from the Hino Country and the first captain of the Clover Kingdom’s Black Bull squad of the Magic Knights. He is also a former member of the Grey Deer squad.
Okay, fine – so there’s not much to go off of there in order to build this one out, but it’s still relevant to start with before moving into his powers and abilities that will really help us.
His Wiki Fandom breaks down his abilities like this:
- Master Swordsman: Yami has described himself as a magic swordsman. He is extremely skilled in swordsmanship; he easily fights on par with Patolli, the leader of the Eye of the Midnight Sun, with nothing but swordplay in conjunction with his Dark Magic, destroying the surrounding environment.
- Enhanced Strength: Yami naturally possesses tremendous physical strength which he further increases with magic. He easily throws Asta a considerable distance with just one hand.
- Enhanced Reflexes: Using ki, Yami can predict and react to attacks that others cannot keep up with and nonchalantly counters these attacks without having to turn around. By combining Mana Zone with Ki-sensing, Yami can react to his opponents’ movements before they make them, similar to Julius’s future-seeing ability, though he states that it is not on Julius’s level.
- Immense Durability: Yami is an extremely durable fighter, remaining unfazed when hit by Patolli’s light blades, and emerges completely unscathed at his attempted cave in. His amount of durability let him still attack and remain standing after being hit by a huge pillar of stone created by Dante Zogratis.
- Enhanced Speed: Yami is extremely fast, able to keep up with and surprise someone as fast as Patolli with his speed. When Lotus Whomalt attempts to launch a surprise attack on William Vangeance, despite having to climb a massive tree, Yami arrives just in time to intercept him. He is also capable of dodging Marx’s elf-enhanced arrows that are faster than normal. His enhanced reflexes from Mana Zone and Ki-sensing, as well as the power boost from Mana Zone, allow Yami to dodge devil-enhanced attacks for a short time.
They also go on to talk about his immense magic power, ki, and mana zone, which unfortunately we won’t be able to train around in this one.
But that’s okay, we certainly already have our work cut out for us.
We’ll be needing to get stronger while also getting faster and building our durability and stamina.
With that in mind we’ll also be building the routine around Yami’s overall aesthetic, which luckily will go well with the training we need to do to adhere to his abilities.
Get ready for some heavy weight training mixed with high volume training and a bit of endurance work.
Check out all The SHJ Programs and start unleashing your inner SuperHuman.
Yami Workout Routine
5 days per week
To train to become Yami we’re going to be using a bro-split and training 4 days with weights and then 1 day of mandatory endurance and potentially 1 extra day devoted to either more endurance, or some of our optional training with MMA, HIIT and other resources I’ll provide.
Want To Upgrade This Workout?
The Superhero Academy now comes with an Upgrade Your Workout Tool that allows Academy members to turn any SHJ workout into a 4-8 week fully planned regime detailing exact weights to lift and including reverse & traditional pyramid training, straight sets, super sets, progressive overload and more.
Yami Workout Routine: Sample Workout Schedule
Monday: Black Bull Chest and Triceps
Tuesday: Black Bull Legs and Calves
Wednesday: Captain Endurance Training
Thursday: Black Bull Back and Biceps
Friday: Black Bull Shoulders and Traps
Saturday: Optional Additional Training with Resources
Sunday: Rest Day
Yami Workout Routine: Black Bull Chest and Triceps
10 Minute Walk/Run
4×10,5, 5, 5
Tricep Cable Pushdowns with EZ Bar
Standing Overhead Tricep Extension
Yami Workout Routine: Black Bull Legs and Calves
10 Minute Walk/Run
4×10,5, 5, 5
Seated Calf Raises
Hanging Knee Raises
Yami Workout Routine: Captain Endurance Training
- Walk/Jog 10 Minutes
Sprint Session: 20 Minutes
- One Minute ON: 60 Second Sprint
- One Minute OFF: 60 Second Walk
- Rinse and Repeat for 20 Minutes Total
Endurance Finisher: 30 Minutes
- Run 3 Minutes
- Walk 2 Minute
- Rinse and Repeat for 30 Minutes Total
Yami Workout Routine: Black Bull Back and Biceps
10 Minute Walk/Run
4×10,5, 5, 5
Bent Over Rows
Straight Arm Pulldowns
Reverse Cable Flyes
Wide Grip Lateral Pulldowns
Yami Workout Routine: Black Bull Shoulders and Traps
10 Minute Walk/Run
4×10,5, 5, 5
Lying Leg Raises
Yami Workout Routine: Optional Additional Training Resources
HIIT Training Resources:
Endurance Training Resources:
- Constance Wu Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- Ewan McGregor Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- Kid Flash Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- Grant Gustin Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- How To Train After Your First 5K (Workout Included)
Parkour Training Resources:
- The Nightrunner Parkour Workout Routine
- The Assassin’s Creed Parkour Workout Routine
- The Robbie Amell Parkour Workout Routine
Main MMA Training Resources
- Anna Diop Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- Ryan Potter Workout Routine and Diet Plan
- Frank Grillo Boxing Workout
Other MMA Training Resources:
- Deathstroke Workout Routine
- Daredevil Workout Routine
- Moon Knight Workout Routine
- Sagat Workout Routine
Join The Superhero Academy and start unleashing your inner SuperHuman.
GRAB THE UNOFFICIAL BLACK CLOVER WORKOUT BOOKLET!
A Dozen Different Workouts for Magic Knights of any of the nine Guilds ranging from The Black Bulls, & Golden Dawn all the way to The Crimson Lion & Purple Orcas!
(Unofficial Workouts Inspired by Characters)
For the back and biceps, I did not see any bicep workouts.
It’s a secondary muscle you’re hitting on every single one of those movements on a super high volume strength routine – you should have no reason to throw in direct bicep work for this one unless you wanted to hit preachers or hammers for a specific reason if you found they were lagging a bit down the road.